Saturday, June 21, 2008

Big Brother

I'm getting reeled into Big Brother and I can't seem to help myself. It's definitely out of sheer boredom and laziness to get off my derriere and away from the television, which is increasingly burning my eyeballs. But I've tasked myself with three, four mile runs this weekend and apparently my dire fitness levels can't cope with any level of activity above this. I'm dead from the waist down - my legs are lead, so I'm stuck with Davina and her house of numpties.

Actually, truth be told, I'm *slightly* enjoying this series of Big Brother. Kathreya is "hilar-wious" and Luke's dry narration in the Diary Room of the daily activities is amusing. Mario is another story... HOW does Lisa humour his constant drivel about himself? Is she secretly deaf, another addition to the quota of disabled housemates? The ability to switch a hearing aid off when Mario starts talking about his fan club or military excellence would definitely be the answer to a successful relationship between the two - otherwise, I just don't understand how anybody could be that tolerant to insane levels of egotism.

Don't get me started on slagging off the token stereotypical gay housemate. It's no wonder that 99%* of the heterosexual population still come out ignorant quips like "oh my god, he doesn't look gay," and a look of utter surprise if a homosexual male isn't prancing about in hipster jeans and a sleeveless top, wearing either one of a cowboy's, policeman's or builder's hat or Indian head-dress; if BB is the only insight into the variety of people in the British populus. (* Please note, % are based on complete exaggeration and no research was undertaken for this post).

Anyway, this post is about as pointless as Big Brother itself. I just had to get it out of my system. Garrrgh.

No comments: