Tuesday, July 8, 2008

All the joys of Eurovision...

Kiwi and me went to see the musical Eurobeat, Almost Eurovision last night, and had to make a quick post about it simply because it was immensely funny. Think lycra-clad, tangoed men, greased up to the max and prancing around; horrendous, below-the-belt innuendos; xenophobic jokes and a mixed bag of fake accents, all together in a celebratory parody of the best of the Eurovision song contest. And you even get to feel like it's the real deal as the Audience votes for their favourite countries to win.

What made it even better (if it were possible) was the addition of the legend Sir Terry Wogan himself, introducing the show with his dulcit tones. Plus, if I wasn't such a tight arse at the moment, (self-imposed, I refuse to spend any money until I get to New Zealand and my bank account trebles into NZ dollars...) I digress - if I wasn't tight, I would have purchased every piece of memorabilia available to me - hand clappers, horns, flags, badges, a CD of all the tracks, with which to intensify the Eurovision fever. If you missed it, or if you want to relive it, there are video clips online. Clicky here.

No comments: